So, all of you Bong Beauties, are you all set to dazzle this Durga Puja 2017? Durgotsav is not only for the young crowds, it’s the time when the “not-so-young” ravishing beauties come out to enjoy the celebration and in groups. However, time is not fair to us always and all our beautiful faces are subject to aging and that’s when our bid to save our youthful self-pushes us to expensive treatment and procedures! You can still look years younger without taking the extreme steps. There are modern techniques such as skin tightening which have come to our rescue.
Vashi Cultural Association (VCA) was founded in 2005 in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. VCA engages itself in various cultural activities & is one of the premier cultural clubs across Mumbai, Navi Mumbai &Thane. It believes in creating harmony amongst the Bengali community & encourages all round participation to keep the Bengali culture & tradition alive through many different activities. Located in Navi Mumbai which is over a 1500 kms away from West Bengal, VCA’s endeavor has been to enliven the spirit of the Bengali culture amidst the cosmopolitan fabric of Mumbai.
Durga Puja, the 5-days annual autumnal celebration of Hindu goddess Durga’s victory over Mahishasura, the demon, is the biggest festival of the Bengali Community. Unlike every year, this year the celebration is going to be bigger & better with new innovative theme / decoration etc.
- Evening cultural performance for the 3 days of Saptami,Ashtami & Navami will be by top & well known contemporary artists from Bengal which will include ethnic dance and arts forms of Bengal, songs by upcoming young artistes, performance by top notch Bangla band of MTV Indies fame and some programs with a lot of local talent and flavors.
- Added attraction of our festival is the Bengali Book Fair, an exclusive arrangement by VCA in Navi Mumbai.
- For the occasion specialised craftsmen from Bengal build Artistic Temple in which Gorgeous Durga Devi Idol laden with gold ornaments is installed, which attracts thousands of devotees throughout the day.
- Last year the total footfall was approx 55000 per day, this year we are expecting more due to a prominent venue, heavy advertisement & first time across Navi Mumbai Bengali indie pop band performing during the cultural program.
- On this auspicious occasion,delicious PUJA BHOG is being offered for 3 days of the event during afternoon time.Average of more than 12000 people eat our bhog during the festivities.
Balancing the festivity, VCA has also been very committed towards social causes & continuously strives to achieve small steps in the same direction.
Social Responsibility Group (SRG) of VCA was launched in 2010 which aims to provide the following:
- Aid to Cancer Patients
- Scholarships to Needy Students
- Hosted a Dance Drama by the inmates of Alipore Central Jail, Kolkata
- Organize medical camps for the needy
- Free Eye-checkup drive in partnership with renowned Eye clinics
- Support to Traditional Artisans for displaying their craftsmanship
Our Vision for SRG:
To actively contribute to the social development of the community in which we are one of the stakeholders. In doing so, build a better sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of the society & contribute to the overall development of India’s human development index.
With regard to Social Responsibility, we intend to invest a major portion of our income, for the larger good of the society.
While carrying forward this philosophy, we weaved in the concept of ‘sustainable livelihood’, which transcended cheque book philanthropy. In our view, it is unwise to keep on giving endlessly. Instead, we feel that channelising resources to ensure that people have the wherewithal to make both ends meet would be more productive.
As the saying by the Great Swami Vivekananda goes, “Give a hungry man fish for a day, he will eat it and the next day, he would be hungry again. Instead, if you taught him how to fish, he would be able to feed himself and his family for a lifetime.”
At the same time, we network and collaborate with like-minded bilateral and unilateral agencies to share ideas, draw from each other’s experiences, and ensure that efforts are not duplicated. At another level, this provides a platform for advocacy.
In addition to this, every effort is made to maintain the ecological balance, conserve scarce natural resources and avoid pollution during whatever activities/events we conduct.
All members are encouraged to contribute to society and their communities during their leisure time.